Canon Serial Numbers

Dirk Diggler 19:38 25 Apr 06

Had to send my Canon MV700i off to be repaired to an authorised Canon service centre. Was informed that it was a known fault with Canon and therefore a free repair! No Probs

However, when I received my?? camcorder back I am pretty convinced it is not the same machine that I sent to them

My question is, how can i locate the sreial number on a Canon MV700i (so I can compare it to my original receipt)

spuds 20:33 25 Apr 06

Don't know the exact answer to the question, but you may find the serial number stamped behind the door compartment.

What my main response, was this article click here Was this the problem you had!.

ACOLYTE 20:34 25 Apr 06

Do you have the original packaging? it may be on there.

Dirk Diggler 22:58 25 Apr 06

Yes the chip problems was just as Spuds described - at least it meant it was a free repair

Acolyte - Yes I have all the original packaging from the machine that I purchased - what I dont have is a way of identifying if the serial number of the machine that was returned to me matches the one I bought

terryf 23:26 25 Apr 06

My Canon ip4200 had a 'body number' on a label on the outside of the box. This was the serial number. Also on this label is the type number for the product i.e IP 4200

vinnyT 13:46 26 Apr 06

Sometimes serial nos. are printed behind the battery.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Studio vs iMac 5K comparison review: Apple and Microsoft all-in-one PCs battle it out

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Social media image sizes, specs and aspect ratios: the ultimate guide

New MacBook Pro release date, price and specs | New MacBook Pro 2016 announced: Now with Touch Bar…