Canon Scanner wont work in Vista?

night 09:53 20 Jun 07

I have a Canon Slide 20 scanner which worked ok in XP but on using a new computer with Vista and have downloaded from Canon s7117enx driver etc it appears after opening the zip file to not have loaded or cant even find the tool box for the scanner and not even on the desk top so how does one find it in Vista?

ventanas 10:00 20 Jun 07

If this scanner is anything like the two Canon's that I have it is impossible to install directly from a set up file, or by simply unzipping the driver.

You have to first connect the scanner when your PC is switched off, both by the mains cable and the USB cable, and then switch on. Vista should then detect the scanner (if it doesn't and some can play up) repeat this step. When detected choose to install from a specified location. DO NOT CHOOSE TO INSTALL AUTOMATICALLY. In the browse box that appears go to the folder where your unzipped driver is and highlight the .inf file which should be in the root folder of the unzipped files. Ok through the rest and that should be it.

The Scangear Toolbox will probably not work in Vista, and I would not even bother.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac