Canon Scanner . No hablo espanol

Siani 15:31 03 Feb 03

Can anyone help. I have a canon scanner but despite installing several times and clicking on English (definitely) many times, it continues to come up in Spanish. I am at present holding to speak to Canon help desk but so far I have been on phone for 40 minutes and not got to speak to a person???

Djohn 15:35 03 Feb 03

Do you mean the manual, or the software? and which model scanner is it?

stlucia 15:51 03 Feb 03

I had the same problem, except it was in French. It reverted to English after I formatted my HDD (for a different reason) and re-installed the software.

Siani 16:12 03 Feb 03

It's a canoscan N124OU and I mean when the scan comes up on the screen all of the instructions and boxes are spanish. I have english manual. This has been the case since the computer was new and I have uninstalled and reinstalled several times.

Djohn 16:25 03 Feb 03

Not sure if this helps, but when I put your model no. into google, most of the sites come back in spanish or italian!

Still looking for more info. Regards. J.

Djohn 16:34 03 Feb 03

I can find the 1230u and 1250u, but so far not the 1240u.

Siani 17:00 03 Feb 03

Thanks Djohn. Someone e-mailed me off-site with instructions. It is problem with XP.

Djohn 17:02 03 Feb 03

Siani, your welcome, hope everything is now ok. J.

RockapeDave 19:32 25 Mar 03

Just to add my recent experience and fix for the benefit of others!I have a Canoscan N670U and had the same problem.It is an XP glitch and I cured the fault by uninstalling the driver and other software form the original disc, downloading the latest driver from the Canon website and re-installing all the other stuff back off the disc (minus the driver of course!)
Perfic!

logoff 19:40 25 Mar 03

I had exactly the same problem last year. I e-mailed Canon (from their website) and received detailed guidance on how to deal with this.
I add their response below:

For Windows XP

1. Go to Start > Control Panel > double-click on System
2. Select "Hardware" and then "Device Manager". You will find the N670U under "Imaging Devices".
3. Double click on N670U then select "Driver"
4. Select "Update Driver" and the "Hardware Update Wizard" will appear.
5. Select "Install from a list or a specific location (Advanced") and click "Next".
6. Select "Don’t search. I will choose the driver to install" and click "Next".
7. Click on "Have Disk" and then "Browse". Select the CD-ROM in your CD drive.
8. Select the folder "ScanGear", choose your language and select the .inf file that corresponds with your scanner model then click "open" and follow the procedure.
9. Click on "Finish", restart your computer and ScanGear will be in the desired language.

For Windows 2000

1. Go to "Start", "Settings", "Control Panel", and "System".
2. Click on "Hardware"
3. Click on "Device Manager", you will find the scanner under "Imaging Devices",
4. Double click on "CanoScan N670U"
5. Select "Driver"
6. Select "Update Driver"
7. Click "Next" and make sure to select "Display a list of known drivers for this device so that I can choose a specific driver".
8. Click "Next"
9. Click on "Have disk" and browse to the CanoScan CD-ROM in your CD drive
10. Select the "ScanGear" folder, choose your language and select the .inf file that corresponds with your scanner model: N067U
11. Click on "Open" and follow the procedure
12. Click on "Finish", restart your computer and ScanGear will be in the desired language

We hope this information is of use to you. However, should you require any further technical assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us quoting your Incident number.

To contact us via email, click on the following link:

click here.

Note: Please do not reply to this email using your "REPLY" tab.

Kind Regards,

Canon UK

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now