Canon Scanner N650U Win.XP driver upgrade

Doug. 16:08 25 Jul 03

Hi out there
I need to install driver for CanoScan N650U having upgraded to Windows XP.
Have downloaded driver S2703enx.exe from Canon driver web site which is a zip file but when expanded does not have an instalation file to install the files from. Have gone into control panel/scanners and camera which shows CanoScan N650U but cannot lock the files I have downloaded to this device ?
Thanks for any help Jupiter

spikeychris 16:49 25 Jul 03

click here for a 6.4 Meg thats not zipped.

Chris

Jester2K II 16:56 25 Jul 03

"but cannot lock the files I have downloaded to this device" means what ??

Go into Control Panel, System, Hardware, Device manager, Right Click The Scanner under Imaging Devices, Propertis, Driver Tab, Update Driver, Specifi Location, Browse to where you unzipped the files.

What happens then?

alcudia 17:01 25 Jul 03

I used to have a N650U, but swapped it for a Canon D1250U2F. Neither driver has a setup program. I assume you still have the original pre XP drivers installed. If so why not go to device manager, highlight the canon device and click on change driver. Then point it to the new XP one.
This worked for me when I needed to reinstall the D1250.
If you want to completely remove old Canon drivers you have to get the uninstaller from their web site. It's called Deldrv and should work with all Canon scanners.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…