//some 3rd party need geo

Canon Scanner - HP Printer problem

g0slp 14:46 03 Oct 05

My HP3500c scanner recently gave up the ghost, & I got a new Canon Lide 35 to replace it.

Unfortunately it doesn't seem to want to work with my HP deskjet 3420 printer, despite my removing and then reinstalling the software for both units.

Running XP SP2 with all updates.

Any suggestions please - I'm wondering if I should have bought an all-in-one unit, but the printer's in good nick & works fine with other printing tasks.

g0slp 16:32 03 Oct 05

I can't get the 'copy' facility to work. It scans OK, & says that it's sent the image to the printer. Sure enough, the printer icon appears & if you open the window it says that it's printing, but it isn't...

amonra 16:49 03 Oct 05

In Control Panel/printers, make sure your HP is ticked as Default, and check in the scanner program that it always prints to the default.

g0slp 20:26 03 Oct 05

Thanks for responding.

Already checked, I'm afraid. There seems to be a software conflict, but what it is, I don't know.

polymath 20:34 03 Oct 05

Don't know if this is any help, but when I couldn't get my Epson scanner to copy to my HP printer, it transpired that Epson somehow hadn't been able to make it work with other peoples' printers. A small, third-party patch fixed it - maybe there's one for Canon scanners.
Are there Canon user forums you could consult?

g0slp 21:08 03 Oct 05

Thanks for suggestion - can't see wood for trees...

Will post back if I have any luck

g0slp 07:10 06 Oct 05

I've NOT had any luck yet. :-((

No suitable forums have come to light as yet.

Canon's web site hasn't been of help; neither has HP's.

I've emailed both companies; but am not hopeful of helpful replies.

Will keep looking.

Mark.

g0slp 12:49 17 Oct 05

I'm still no further forward; bumping to see if anyone else has any thoughts on the problem.

mark.

Omega99 14:49 19 May 06

I have a Canoscan 3000F scanner and used to have a Canon i550 printer. All worked well. The printer failed so I have bought an HP8250. Now the scanner will not recognise the printer when I use the Canoscan toolbox. If I try to use the copy facility the program simply shuts down with no error message at all.
I have reinstalled the toolbox, no luck.
Apart from this the printer works fine and the scanner works fine.
Looks like I am not the only one with this type of compatibility problem.
Look forward to any solutions.

Kenneth-266656 16:42 19 May 06

I have a Canon D1250U2 scanner and a HP 970cxi printer. They've benn happily cohabiting for several years now. Not much help to you I'm afraid but at least you know some Canon and some HP can operate together

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…