Canon S900 Printer - black ink cartridge problem

sheila.weston 11:08 01 Nov 04

Can anyone suggest why the black print from my Canon S900 printer keeps 'stopping'? I am forever having to do a deep-clean of the nozzles, which surely can't be doing the printer any good. The separate colour cartridges give no problems. Last time this happened I thought it was the (fairly new) ink cartridge and replaced it. But it has happened again with a newly purchased cartridge.

I wondered if it was something to do with the print-head, but wouldn't all of the colours stop working?

Al94 11:46 01 Nov 04

You're not alone with this problem, I have exactly same problem with a Canon i455 regardless of using genuine or compatible carts. I had to do several deep cleans and take the printhead out and soak in warm water to get the black up and running again. It now works ok as long as it gets a run weekly to keep it free, problems seem to be with lightly used printers as is mine. Have been in touch with Canon, I can and probably will return it to their UK service centre for an examination/service under warranty when I can be bothered. Never any problem with the colour but I have noticed that there is a sponge under where the colour head rests but not under the black head which I suspect allows it to dry out. I think I saw another similar post in the past day or so.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Apple Event as it happened | Apple October Event live blog: Apple unveils new MacBook Pro at…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Graeme Messer's exhibition aims to challenge fears and insecurities

New MacBook Pro release date, price and specs | New MacBook Pro 2016 announced: Now with Touch Bar…