Canon S900 Printer

sheila.weston 12:38 08 Dec 03

What are the signs of the print head needing replacement?

My Canon S 900 printer has started to show banding, before eventually not printing atall. The ink cartridge is half full. It prints normally after I have given the nozzles a thorough clean (under maintenance), but this only lasts for another day or two. Might it be a problem with the print head?
Sheila

MichelleC 13:47 08 Dec 03

Sometimes putting print quality to max can shift things.

toxin 15:30 08 Dec 03

Hi Sheila!

You say the ink cartridge is half full; surely there are 6 of them, aren't there?

Does the status monitor show any warnings of low ink?

Have you printed a Nozzle Check pattern; and if so did it show any broken lines?

If so, then if deep cleaning doesn't cure it, you may need a new printhead, about £78 I believe!!

Try nozzle check, deep cleaning, and if no better call back and I'm sure someone can help, Toxin

JIM 16:36 08 Dec 03

if any posting fail to resolve,or you decide to poss renew the printhead, do have a go at cleaning the Printhead first yourself.

One of the easier type to do.All i used was a sable or fine paint brush with alchol,or meths,and finished it of by running under the hotwater tap.Shake of the excess,blow dry it(hairdryer).

You could also let it lay a while in a container of fluid alchol/meths covering the heads,then do the above."All gentle like"
Place it back in the holder of printer.Nothing to lose spend a little time with the clean while it's out.Repeat,"All gentle like"

Also when cleaning the print head include the holder area for inks.Grab a drinking straw place it over the jets/hole and blow like(you no what) :)

Sending links to show the head assem.

click here

The area to concentrate on cleaning look like a "amd cpu" in picture :)Fawn in color, brown background.

The green with gold contacts/must be dry when put back in printer,handle with care.

Also other link not the same model num, but the same printhead to show breakdown of the plastic components etc.Move the mouse over the printhead
and it will enlarge to show the cleaning area.

Drinking straw and a good puff not touching the P/head again comes in handy here.It is not at all difficult,may save you money.

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…