canon S630 printer but no sign of colour

logoff 20:54 15 Oct 07

I have a canon S630 inkjet which has given 6 years of good service. It has suddenly stopped printing any colour. I have changed the cartridges (colour) even though they were not showing as empty.

Have done many deep cleans of nozzle heads etc. with no improvement.

Grateful for any suggestions or is it simply time to invest in a new model!

Technotiger 20:59 15 Oct 07

Hi, after 6 years, I think it would be best to invest!

davidh50 21:01 15 Oct 07

Have a read through this, It might help,

click here

woodchip 21:05 15 Oct 07

Have you done a simple Windows Test Page? Go to Start\Settings\Printers right click on your printer then Properties\Test Page

logoff 21:13 15 Oct 07

Thanks for the replies
Technotiger-you are probably right-time to reinvest!

davidh50 thanks for that. I may try and remove print head and clean to see if it works. Printer worked perfectly before summer holiday in August (the one fairly warm month this summer) but not since return - so there may be a problem

Thanks again

logoff 21:32 15 Oct 07

woodchip-the test page prints perfectly-in black and white! I have printed quite a few pages to see if there is any sign of colour returning but no sign of anything yet.
Thanks for the suggestion though.

woodchip 00:12 16 Oct 07

Non us as dried ink in the jets and blocked them

logoff 09:27 16 Oct 07

Thanks woodchip and all for your comments. Yes, I think it must be dried ink in the nozzles. Will attempt to dismantle and clean over the weekend.
Will close thread now as if it does not work or work fairly quickly will probably get something newer-probably overdue.

David4637 14:10 16 Oct 07

Try soaking the print head in a saucer 0.25" of hot water remove carts first, shake in the water until ink runs clear, leave in hot water overnight, dry head with paper towel carefully, then replace and do cleaning cycle. I have this printer and this is what I DO. David

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Best iMovie for Mac tips 2017 | How to edit video with iMovie: 26 brilliant video editing tricks…