Canon s630 Ink Waste Tank

david4637 18:48 07 May 04

Is it easy to clean out the tank pad on the above printer. If so please tell me how to do it - I have nothing to lose by doing so. Thanks David

david4637 15:24 08 May 04

Any help on getting to the waste tank on the above printer. Thanks David

Wak 21:07 08 May 04

There was another thread a few days ago telling how someone cleaned the tank of a Canon printer and also how to reset the printer.
I'm not sure what it was called but it will be worth searching for.

david4637 14:38 09 May 04

Thanks for the reply, but can not find anything using Search? David

david4637 21:55 12 May 04

How to reset a canon s630 waste ink tank once the pads have been cleaned? Thanks David

Wak 16:06 14 May 04

Hi, Have you managed to clean the ink tank yet??
If you have, you can get the printer re-setting info from click here
I have just cleaned the tank and re-set a BJC1000 and it works fine now.

david4637 16:56 15 May 04

Looked at the site you gave, but it does not list my Canon s630. Is there a web site that shows how to get to the waste tank pad, and then to use the reset sequence to get the printer going again - I can't find a site with details of how to do it for my printer? Thanks david

Wak 19:23 15 May 04

Have a look at this site.
click here
At the bottom of the page there is a line for GENERIC "S" printers which I assume will cover the s630.
As far as stripping it down goes, all I can tell you is how I stripped down my BJC 1000 then you'll just have to do your best with your own printer.

A WORD OF WARNING.
DO NOT STAND THE PRINTER ON IT'S END AS THE INK IN THE TANK WILL GRADUALLY SOAK OUT OF THE FELT PADS. HALF A PINT OF BLACK INK DOES NOT LOOK NICE ON THE CARPET!

There was only one screw to remove initially.
This holds the Power supply box in at the back.
All other parts were held together with built-in plastic catches which snap back into holes and recesses in the casing when re-assembling. It's just a matter of finding them with a small flat screwdriver and prizing them open.
After removing the screw on the power supply unit, stick the screwdriver under the top edge about a third of the way in from each side.
There are two catches which hold the power supply unit. Gently prize the cover up to release the catches and the power unit will then pull out.
Remove any other parts (paper support and front drop-down door).
Work round the casing to find the other catches. They are usually found where the parts of the case are harder to separate from each other.
You may also be able to see some of the catches through the front opening.
I'm afraid you'll just have to persevere until you remove the cover.
Once inside the printer, there is another screw which holds the innards secure to the base.
Remove that screw and gently remove the innards to reveal the ink pads which are between the printer mechanism and the actual base.
I suggest that you go in to the garden to remove the pads, place them over a grid or sink and let the tap run on them to remove the ink. (very messy if you are not careful)
When clean, place the pads between sheets of newspaper to partially dry them then dry properly overnight over a radiator or similar.
Replace pads. innards, holding screw, cover, power supply unit. front door, etc and then use the re-set program from the above web site.
Once you get the cover off, it's easier than it sounds so best of luck.
The above instructions refer to a BJC 1000 so yours could be different.
E-mail me if I can be of any further help.

prima12 20:02 15 May 04

Previous posting. P,
Waste Tank on Canon BJC 3000 Printer - posted by Prima on Sat, 01.05.2004

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now