Canon S450 printer has stopped printing

Flixbert 18:02 22 Dec 05

Our Canon S450 won't print. I was fine before on XP but has suddenly stopped. I'm familiar with printers & have explored all the usual problems , but to no avail. The green ready light flashes intermittently & the the orange light starts otherwords it's not ready to the green light would be on continuously in that case. I have tried changing the printer difference. The problem seems to lie with the printer can I get the green light to stay on & therefore be ready to print?

beeuuem 18:50 22 Dec 05

The number of orange flashes is the errror code

When an error occurs, the POWER lamp flashes orange. The number of flashes indicates
the cause of the problem.

Two flashes: Out of paper or paper feed error

Three flashes: Paper jam

Four flashes: BJ Cartridge out of ink

Five flashes: Cartridge not installed correctly

Six flashes: BJ Cartridge not installed

Seven flashes: BJ Cartridge defective

Eight flashes: Waste ink tank almost full

The POWER lamp flashes orange and green alternately: Service error

If it is a service error refer to the manual.

bluto1 19:46 22 Dec 05

I don`t have a Canon Printer, mine`s an Epson, but I thought that all printers had a built in system so that when the counters reached a certain point the printer just stopped printing until the counters were reset by the local, in my case Epson technician. Also check your guarantee, and if inside it the job is done for free

lester1 23:31 22 Dec 05

I had the same problem with a Canon S450 you can have a look here click here. But in the end I replaced mine with an Epson.

Good luck

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Apple Event live stream | Apple October Event live blog: Watch Apple unveil new MacBook Pro, new…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Lida designs a cross-stitch email sent to thousands of Ikea Family members

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: Faster performance, a brighter screen, water-ret…