Canon S450

legion 19:25 13 Sep 04

I cannot print in colour, bought some new cartridges, done all maintence procedures and still not printing in colour, it looks as though the only colour printing is black and yellow.

What happens is that I get a picturwe with white spaces running horizontal, the other day I got this and also as I was doing a test print using the Virgin Mobile racing logo, the red came out as yellow with no other colours but black, on checking my ink tanks, yellow has used soem ink, the other two remain untouched.

I am guessing the print head has gone, any ideas how I can know this for sure, without spending cash on a new print head or printer?

brambles 20:41 13 Sep 04

Find the Serial Number of your printer - if you lift the flap up it will probably be at the back but clearly visible.

They will identify the problem for you - it could be Printhead although non-Canon refills can also cause a problem - I know I've been there.

My problem stopped when I put a completely new batch of Canon original refills in - because my printer wasn't a year old they sent me a new printhead. They can recommend repairers but if so a new printer is invariably the cheapest option!

Hope this helps - would have given you Canon phone no. but decorating/disorganised!!

Brambles

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…