Canon S30 apertures

birkdalite 10:41 21 Sep 03

I am well pleased with my new digital camera with one exception and that is a minimum aperture of f8, under normal usage this is adequate but when using macro settings (the camera will focus at 3.9 inches in w/a mode)I find that the depth of field is so small that the results are not good.When using my old Nikon under these conditions I would stop down to F11/f16/ or even sometimes F32 when using flash and the results could be superb! Am I expecting too much? after all it is not a cheap camera or is it?
My personal feelings on most digital cameras is I would willingly sacrifice most of the gimmicks such as loads of useless sounds and video clips and get a more workman like camera.What do others think??

Forum Editor 11:17 21 Sep 03

but then a lot of people don't see them as gimmicks, but as really useful features. It all depends on your point of view I suppose.

Your camera has been around for a couple of years now, and given the rate of development in the digital photography market that's quite a long time. New cameras like the HP Photosmart 850 have moved forward in terms of facilities - the HP can offer an aperture range of f2.8/f11.5

Digital photography is just one area of technology where enormous advances are still there to be made, and they will come. Unfortunately these cameras aren't cheap, compared to film cameras - although they perform a little better in the price comparison stakes when you factor out the cost of film and processing. There are bound to be performance penalties at any given price point, and it's not until you reach the heady heights of the likes of the Nikon D1X (at around £3500) that you realise just how far digital cameras have come already.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…