Canon printhead problem

Verbose 14:45 21 Sep 08

I have a Canon ip4500 printer. When I try to print I get a message as follows; A PRINTHEAD IS NOT INSTALLED OR THE INSTALLED PRINTHEAD IS NOT COMPATIBLE WITH THIS PRINTER etc.
If I take the printhead out and re install it I can print, but the problem recurs next time I use the printer.
Any help appreciated.

Pine Man 15:13 21 Sep 08

Every thing I read about this problem suggests that the only solution is a new printhead.

chub_tor 15:19 21 Sep 08

I agree with Pine Man, a Google search shows that this problem is not uncommon and that those who have experienced it have only solved it by changing the print head for a new one. If your printer is still under warranty Canon should replace it free but replacements are so expensive it is probably cheaper to buy a new printer.

Verbose 16:56 26 Sep 08

Problem resolved. Removed print head and re installed it( despite Canon helpdesk saying this could only be done by a service agent).Managed to run the printhead cleaning routine and bingo printer is now working well.
One lesson I have learned, is that you must use the printer regularly eg. at least weekly to avoid the print nozzles drying out.
Thanks for suggestions.

woodchip 18:20 26 Sep 08

Try cleaning the Print head tracks with a Swab and Meths

woodchip 18:21 26 Sep 08

Use a ear bud

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…