Canon Printers & IE7

Pine Man 20:13 20 Oct 06

Just found the attached on Canons web site. They don't give any indication of a fix being made available.

'Canon Easy-WebPrint supports Internet Explorer versions 5.5 and 6.0. It does not support Internet Explorer 7.0. You will not be able to install Canon Easy-WebPrint on computers running Internet Explorer 7.0.

Additionally, if you upgrade Internet Explorer to version 7.0—and Canon Easy-WebPrint is already installed on your computer—the Canon Easy-WebPrint toolbar and print list will be disabled.'

anskyber 23:45 20 Oct 06

Interesting but in my case note true.

It may be true that it does not appear automatically but right clicking in the command bar area of IE7 allows the easy-webprint tool bar to be added to the toolbar area. I have tried it and it works.
I am a fan of Canon but we need to remember they will not be happy if we do not use the tool bar in the future. IE7 download and install is problematical with toolbars. click here however if the correct procedure is followed there is no reason why things should not work.

At the end of the day the most popular browser by a huge margin has been trailed for a long time to let web masters have the time to be compliant, its no good blaiming others if they are not.

Taff™ 10:47 21 Oct 06

IE7 has improved web page printing and I have never needed to use the Canon EasyPrint software. Go to File>Page Setup in IE7 and select the printer button. Also go to Print Preview and you should get a drop down option to "Shrink To Fit" the page.

Pine Man 11:15 21 Oct 06

I actually posted this for information, assuming the worst, but thanks for your advice anskyber I will certainly install certainly IE7 and see if I can get the Canon toolbar to work.

Thanks also for your views Taff, I certainly wanted to have IE7 and if the Canon toolbar doesn't work I can always follow your advice.

emperor 13:47 21 Oct 06

I have found the Canon Easy-Webprint facility very useful, and because of Pine Man's information I had been holding back on installing IE7. On the basis of anskyber's comments I went ahead and installed it, but I get the message that the Canon facility is not compatible so is disabled (I had disabled all the add-ons as suggested elsewhere prior to installation). So I will see how I get on with the IE7 print facility before reverting to IE6 if I need to.

My experience therefore, unlike anskyber's, is that the Canon Easy-Webprint tool does not work with IE7 at the moment. If anyone has a work-round I would be interested to know it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac