Canon Printer Service Manuals?

Harper Boy 09:51 AM 08 Aug 11

I have reached the stage with my Pixma MP640 where standard troubleshooting advice from the User manual re my paper transport problem does not work, and I have decided to dismantle (and hopefully remantle!) the printer. Yes, I could take it to a repair shop, but with the MG5250 available at under £80 this clearly doesn't make financial sense.

However, I am not at all confident of putting it back together the way it should be (especially since I suspect there is already something out of place), so would prefer to have an illustrated guide eg exploded diagram before I start. Presumably I need a Service manual, but can't find out how to get one. Any suggestions? I believe I know where I can get one for the MP610 and also the MP630 - is either of these mechanically similar to the MP 640?

johndrew 10:02 AM 08 Aug 11

Have a look at this, it may be exactly what you want link text

northumbria61 12:18 PM 08 Aug 11

This is a double post - The Link johnndrew has given you is the same link I gave you yesterday - you need to close one of these posts so as not to confuse.

Harper Boy 12:20 PM 08 Aug 11

Thanks, but I'm afraid this link is to a User Manual only.

northumbria61 12:23 PM 08 Aug 11

User Manual or Service Manual - it still relates to the same problem. I am only trying to prevent confusion to others who are trying to help solve your problem and I think that having 2 posts running may just do that.

Harper Boy 12:34 PM 08 Aug 11

I take your point, though I didn't intend it that way. My first post was looking for strong textanystrong text advice on solving my problem, I only decided to concentrate on looking for Service/Repair documents when that request failed. I would be happy to delete my original post, except I can't discover how!

johndrew 14:14 PM 08 Aug 11

To close a thread Simply put the cursor over one of the 'ticks' in the left column and left click the mouse to highlight it.

For a service manual you may have to pay but some are free. Check these:

link text

link text

link text

Harper Boy 16:49 PM 08 Aug 11

Wow! Two useful bits of info in a single reply! Many thanks, johnandrew

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia Z5 review: Hands-on with the phone which the Z3+ should have been

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to choose a photographer

iPhone 6S preview: What to expect from Apple's next iPhone