canon printer S900 flashing orange light

Red dog 21:52 20 Aug 08

I have an aging canon printer S900 which when switched on does not function but the light flashes green ONCE then amber SEVEN times. Can anyone tell me what this means please?

woodchip 21:58 20 Aug 08

Sounds like Service lights, this may help click here
don't forget if you get it going the lights are not there as fairy lights. It means it needs a Service Wast tank may be full and near to running over

Dragon_Heart 22:01 20 Aug 08

It MAY be something like your ink pad is full.

Assume you have no documents .... if not try :- click here

beeuuem 22:02 20 Aug 08

The manual usually lists the error codes.
You may have Issue: Alarm / Power light flashes orange 7 times consecutively (Print head error)
1. Reset the printer
2. The Print Head may need replacing - S900
3. The S900 may require repair

from click here

Dragon_Heart 22:13 20 Aug 08
  Red dog 23:34 20 Aug 08

thank you for your replies which i shall work on tomorrow. The printer worked fine until it was lefft for 4 months while i was recovering from s multiple hesrt by-pass and a mrsa strain of pneumonia.After this time the printer neede cleaning out but only worked for short spells then packed up again,soI will look at the waste tank first. I will report bacck asap.

David4637 12:59 22 Aug 08

Look at this link and search on waste ink tank and the model. click here are reset procedures, But you will need a fair amount of time to establish how to reset your printer - it can be complicated.

The gist is after so many prints the printer says to itself the waste ink tank must be almost full now, I must warn the user. David

jack 14:38 22 Aug 08

This one I have checked
click here
and this one too
click here

Red dog 00:01 23 Aug 08

I have just read your replies but the time is midnight so it will be saturday before i can start to sort them out. there is a vast amount of help there ,thank you for taking somuch trouble.

Red dog 21:53 24 Aug 08

Hello again, Ihave been following up the information you all gave me and I sure have learned a lot. The best site I vissited was fixyourownprinter.com and in their forum I found good information on page 356, fourth line down, Good for I and S series printers. Ithen removed and checked the printhead which showed a slight leak. Tried all new cartridges with no joy so looked up the price oa new head and decided to buy a new printer. The current one is over six years old and has worked hard, Thank you all once again for your help

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now