Canon printer problems! Please help!

amyh 22:57 30 Sep 10

My Canon Pixma MP272 is not printing, I have to troubleshoot to get it to print a test page, but this takes a long time. When i try and print something like a document, a message comes up in troubleshoot saying 'printer spooler not working' and I have no idea how to fix this, i've had trouble doing anything with this printer, it has been a fight from the very start while my dad's laptop had no problem with it and is printing fine. I really need this solved by tomorrow as I am going to uni on saturday, please help!

northumbria61 23:00 30 Sep 10

Go to SERVICES and START the "Print Spooler" - this should get things working for you.

amyh 23:02 30 Sep 10

I'm not sure where i'd find that! But i have un-installed everything (AGAIN) and am going to try fresh tomorrow, i've had it with the printer :( Where would i find the services link?

northumbria61 23:09 30 Sep 10

You can access via Control Panel - Administrative Tools - Services

northumbria61 23:11 30 Sep 10

click here STEP 2 for above access to SERVICES

northumbria61 23:16 30 Sep 10

Uninstalling and Reinstalling won't work if your Print Spooler is NOT running. When you access "Print Spooler" right click on it - select "properties" - set Startup Type to "Automatic" (from drop down list) - click OK - then on lefthand pane click on RESTART the Service.

amyh 23:20 30 Sep 10

Ah cheers, i wouldn't know any of this. So is this why it is freezing my programs and stuff and won't print without troubleshooting? Thanks so much for your help :)

northumbria61 23:35 30 Sep 10

Just post back with the result.

amyh 10:13 01 Oct 10

still it is not working!.. when i select 'automatic' on print spooler, the description says 'files sent to the memory for later printing'

northumbria61 23:12 01 Oct 10

amyh - how did you install the printer in the first place via CD or Software Download (drivers etc)?
Try uninstalling ALL software relating to printer and deleting printer from the printer's location (control panel + printers OR devices and printers) depending on your operating system.

In Control Panel - select Device Manager - then look under "USB controllers" and look for your printer and delete.

Unplug your printer power cable and USB cable and reinstall your printer software driver. Download the driver software and install from here - click here - (select under "mutifunctionals" and then choose your printer and O.S.carefully)

Download to your Desktop and Install the Driver Software BEFORE you reconnect the printer.

amyh 23:20 01 Oct 10

It's ok now! I have to restart the spoiler everytime I want to print, but it does print! Thanks for all your help!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from WannaCry?

What I learned from my mentor, Oscar-winning VFX supervisor Phil Tippett

Siri vs Google Assistant