Canon printer not printing properly

steve263000 08:27 23 Aug 13

I have a brand new Canon Pixma MG3100 printer. When I needed a new printer I bought Canon because of its good name. But it has never worked as it should. When I press 'print' I get a message that the tray has no paper, but I have plenty, or there is another problem. Then a few minutes later the article prints out. I have tried taking out the printer and then re-installing it, but other problems just happen. Is it just me or have others found problems with this printer?

spuds 10:46 23 Aug 13

If its brand new, then ask the retailer or Canon for assistance.

You have mentioned that you have 're-installed' it, but did you completely removed the printer installation, and the re-install from new, following the instructions completely. Sometimes when you try to re-install 'over the top', then previous faults might return!.

You could also try a Google search, to see if the problems are known on this particular printer. If there are, then you will have more evidence for a claim. Another alternative, might be click here

steve263000 13:38 23 Aug 13

Thanks spuds. I uninstalled it completely I think. No help on your link, my printer does not show up. I got this from PC World and if I can find the receipt, I will take it back.

spuds 14:04 23 Aug 13

If you have lost the receipt, and paid by credit/debit/store card, then it will show on your statement, which PCW would be able to cross reference to the purchase. You do not have to provide the original receipts, just a form of purchase identification. The PCW staff might insist that this is not correct, and you must provide the original receipt, which is not correct under consumer law.

A word of warning, if you take the printer back, and PCW send it for repair, and not provide a direct replacement or refund. Then keep any leads and the other accessories, because you will most likely not get these returned. The repair centre will use their own leads etc.

alanrwood 18:57 23 Aug 13

You do say i9n the OP that it is a new printer.

If it is less than 6 months old there is no compulsion on the buyer to prove it is faulty. The boot is on the other foot. If it is less than a month old simply insist on a replacement under vsale of goods act.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac