Canon printer, lost 2 colours

Blackhat 23:17 18 Oct 09

Canon ip3600, 3 weeks old. Half way through a print the cyan and magenta stopped printing. Only prints yellow and black!

Done all the usual checks, nozzle clean, deep clean, check cable, take out & replace cartridges, turn off & on again. Strange that it happened suddenly? No fading just stopped.

I had previously printed 15+ 6X4 prints with the current cartridges and they are mostly full.

Blackhat 00:00 19 Oct 09

Did another deep clean, nozzle check showed all colours so started printing again. First sheet of 3 6X4 OK, second sheet lost cyan & magenta half way through! Nozzle check shows only black & yellow, could this be an electrical or connection fault?

peter99co 00:15 19 Oct 09

I think you need a replacment Canon seeing as it is still in warranty. Probably the cartridges though.

keef66 12:39 19 Oct 09

When you installed the cartridges did you successfully remove the tear off plastic strip to free the breather hole? Are they the original Canon carts?

Phone Canon asap. They'll talk you through a checklist of stuff to check / try. Last time I had reason to contact them it was concluded the print head needed replacing so they put one in the post.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…