//some 3rd party need geo

canon printer installation

vrufc 20:06 14 Dec 05

Hi
can anyone help I've just bought a Canon PIXMA iP4200 and when I try to install the printer I keep getting a message about printer spool service stopped. I then have come out of the installation and get an error number of 1068 can any one help.

jakimo 21:00 14 Dec 05
  Totally-braindead 21:07 14 Dec 05

If its a spool 32 error that appears click here if that doesn't help then the only suggestion I have is to reread the instructions as perhaps it has to be disconnected before installation and you only connect when it says so or something like that.

Stuartli 21:46 14 Dec 05

Key in services.msc into Run>OK it and check that Print Spooler is enabled as Automatic.

vrufc 22:03 14 Dec 05

Thanks for the advise

It turned out that after uninstalling my old Lexmark it left a file in the registery which when deleted and computer rebooted everything worked. thanks again for the help as the Canon people did not know. Typical!!

Stuartli 22:28 14 Dec 05

The Canon people probably "didn't know" because they are dealing with their own products and not those of Lexmark.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…