Canon Printer Driver Problem

tristar 16:30 30 Dec 05

First: Happy New Year to you!

I'm trying to install a Canon pIXMA5200 printer to my computer, a Mesh running XP(Home)
I've done the fitting of printer head, tanks etc.but when I run the installation CD it comes up with "ADDPRINTERDRIVER Error. Specified module could not be found"
I've checked the printer connections as user manual suggests, but can find no obvious problem.
The only thing I can think is that the manual says I must be the administrator to make changes to my computer. As the sole user surely I AM the administrator?
Would appreciate help!

Tristar

recap 16:35 30 Dec 05

If you have set up an administrator account then you would have to log as as administrator. In Windows XP press down Ctrl+Alt+Delete twice to access the Administrator account, this is at the log on screen.

recap 16:39 30 Dec 05

click here for the latest driver, just in case you require it?

tristar 17:03 30 Dec 05

I've discovered I am the administrator for my computer.
I've downloaded the driver I require, but I'm not sure what to do with it now I have it!?

tristar 19:15 30 Dec 05

I loaded all software from the disc, except the driver, then added the downloaded driver to the folder.
All working fine now, thanks for the help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…