Canon Powershot A80....£200

RKMonty 23:00 15 Jul 04

I'm thinking of buying a Canon Powershot A80 as the price is a great £200 now........any advice or alternatives.....will be running/using it on a Windows XP pc....all comments, views appreciated. As always thanks for your comments and advice.

Smegs 23:36 15 Jul 04
  PSF 23:56 15 Jul 04

smegs

I was looking at a camera on that site they are a lot cheaper but you might have to pay import duty and VAT from customs and excise!

Smegs 01:04 16 Jul 04

I see what your saying, they are in Guernsey. Sorry.

Daz35 01:15 16 Jul 04

I assume this is the newer model of the A70 which takes fantastic photos and is fairly easy to use.

IMHO you can't go wrong with Canon.

howard60 06:53 16 Jul 04

bought one of these on caribbean holiday in march in St. Thomas's worked out as £180 on credit card as great exchange rate. Beautiful pictures and easy to use - view finder turns around so you can keep it out of the sun etc.

one23 07:15 16 Jul 04

click here for good price.

Top quality camera , I've had one for some time now ,the results are excellent.I paid a lot more than £200 and have no regrets.

Look at previous threads for other opinions.

one23 07:20 16 Jul 04

or try click here

If you have a branch near to you they will let you try out the actual camera . They will compete against web prices.

davidg_richmond 10:16 16 Jul 04

My mums got one, and it takes excellent photos (a lot better than my Canon Ixus II does, due to the lens size and better CCD).

She's taking it to her trip to the Grand Canyon, can't wait to see some of the photo-stitch shots I'm teaching her to do!

absent 11:26 16 Jul 04

I bought one a month ago its a great camera,make sure you buy a larger compact flash card with it and if you can a card reader. See this link to a very informative site click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…