Canon Pixma printer not detectable by wifi even though itnis connected to my router

Sterrywood 15:16 03 Nov 14

The printer works - tested with USB connection Printer is connected to my router - verified by my ISP Latest print driver installed courtesy of Canon Firewall temporarily disabled to eliminate that as blockage. Unable to find the printer wirelessly from desktop / laptop / tablet or smart phone.

Anyone else experienced the same problem and was it resolved without scrapping the Canon?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:18 03 Nov 14

go into router settings page and find the IP address the router has assigned to the printer (192.168.1.54 or similar).

then in the desktop you need to go into Add new printer , look for the ip address.

tablets and phones need an cloud printing app or similar.

Sterrywood 17:13 07 Nov 14

Problem resolved. Deleted Canon driver / printer from computer. Rebooted the router and desktop; reinstalled the Canon driver. For good measure rebooted router again and restarted desktop, although I am not sure this was necessary. Driver installed correctly on correct port. Now works wirelessly with all devices.

One tip - set printer on eco setting to autopower off as remote printing will switch it on and it will remain on.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…