Canon Pixma printer

iengine 09:09 02 Nov 07

I have been using my Pixma IP4300 for some time and have been pleased with its performance, until now. I started getting lines across photos so I cleaned the colour cartridges using the programme. This showed little improvement so I used the deep clean and all were OK except the blue. I replaced the blue with a genuine cartridge and tried again. No change. Does anyone have an idea about how I can remove the lines across the blue so that my photos come up natural colour instead of generally deep orange?

oldbeefer2 09:45 02 Nov 07

Some of the cartridge companies sell cleaning fluid that will get rid of 'clogs' that deep cleaning from the cartridge itself won't shift. Might be worth a try.

donki 09:52 02 Nov 07

I to have the 4300 and think its great, best printer Ive had. Where did you buy it? Before u use anything to try and fix it urself be careful it wont affect ur warrenty. Id contact the retailer where you bought it and ask there advice. At a guess you got it in PCWorld cause they had it on offer bout 7 months ago (where i got it). Make sure you note down the name of the person u spoke to and the time it was at. If they say try the deep cleaner go for it, otherwise take it back.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…