Canon Pixma MP220 won't scan

Qquackers 21:49 21 Nov 14

My printer/scanner won't scan.

Have Windows 7.

Getting the message: "Cannot communicate with scanner. Cable may be disconnected or scanner may be turned off. Check status. Scanner driver will be closed".

It's printing, I can photocopy but it won't scan. There's about half a cartridge of each - black and colour - inks.

I'd appreciate any suggestions (other than flinging it out the window)if anyone can help please.

Thank you

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 22:13 21 Nov 14

Try reloading the drivers

Qquackers 23:02 21 Nov 14

Thanks for that Fruit Bat - still not working.

Peter 23:48 21 Nov 14

Qquackers,

I had a similar problem recently with my Epson XP-750 printer/scanner. Unloading and reloading the drivers did not cure the problem, but I used USBDeview to view the devices connected to the computer by USB and located the printer by its name and re-enabled it (Right Click on the device name and click on the Enable Selected Device option.

USBDeview

USBDeview does not need to be installed (just run the EXE file) and can even be run from a USB Flash drive. Peter.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…