Canon Pixma MP 520 : Display panel not working

Spanish City 12:29 18 Aug 09

Hi,
Display panel is blank which makes it difficult to choose options.
Is problem repairable, any idea of cost and know any repairers?
Have contacted authorised Canon reapairers but they are not interested (too far away).
Machine is in Plymouth and is just under 2 years old.

Thanks

r salley 13:19 07 Oct 09

Hi Spanish City, I also had the blank screen problem. I just found a solution and hope it will work for you too. I went to the Canon website and downloaded the newest driver for the mp520. I restarted my system and turned on the printer. It was still blank but I pushed the navigation button and the display came back to normal. I do hope this works for you too. Sincerely r. Salley

anchor 16:07 07 Oct 09

Hopefully the suggestion offered will resolve your problem. If not, I suspect that the cost of repair be not economic.

A brand new replacement is available for £99, and you would start off with a years guarantee.

click here

r salley 12:55 30 Oct 09

Hi Spanish City - just another suggestion - a friend also had a blank screen, but he fixed it by swinging the panel up and down then tapping lightly at the top edge of the screen until the display returned. Not exactly techie but it worked for him. Sincerely, r. salley

GertC 14:14 26 Jan 10

I had this problem too and I discovered that there is a sort of switch in the display lid that malfunctions. It is probably there to switch off the display if you close the lid while the printer is on.

The solution is to open the lid just enough to reach the on/off switch and turn the printer on. If you now open the lid fully the display is up and running like you were used to.

Berlo 22:34 13 Sep 10

Blank display because the cable is broken inside;

Berurier gives you all steps and pictures for repair it yourself and the wizard link where you can buy this spare part for few dollars!
click here

You are lucky, you took the good way to spare time and money...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Gear VR vs. Daydream: Which delivers the best VR experience?

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5