Canon Pixma MG6150 wireless problem

Dannyb 18:34 PM 11 Aug 11

I've got a MS Vista laptop and have just installed the printer onto my desktop and it works fine. However, although the printer has been set up and connected wirelessly to my router, my laptop, despite having the software loaded, does not recognise the printer. I cannot work out why. My friend has a Wiindows 7 laptop, loaded the software the same as I did and his laptop immediately recognised and showed the printer. Can anybody offer any suggestions as to what I could try?

matt2000 18:54 PM 11 Aug 11

This is a simple solution, simply connect the Usb cable that came with the printer, then run the software, the PC will then sync with the printer

Dannyb 19:18 PM 11 Aug 11

Thanks Matt2000. I've just tried that and even with the disk in it still won't recognise the printer and says there is no driver for it and it can't find it on the disk???? Really odd, not sure what to do next

morddwyd 20:32 PM 11 Aug 11

You normally don't need the software installed to do basic printing.

Go into device manager, uninstall the printer, reboot, and let Windows find the correct printer driver automatically.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best Black Friday deals 2015 live blog: Best UK Black Friday deals & best UK Black Friday tech…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Jean Jullien, Supermundane and more design badges for Farmdrop's 'local food revolution'

20 Mac Power User Tricks... That You Didn't Know