Canon Pixma IP8500 Colour problems

Sam Gee 15:40 30 Oct 08

Hi I have the above printer, 2 years no problems I printed off a photograph which came out with Red where it should be Black or dark Blue.I have always used Printrite compatible cartridges and Colorvision Spyder 2 Plus I have tried using the printer without the Spyder program,Same result.I know that its got to be a simple problem as its been perfect up to now.I have tried Canon Support but the Web site is perfect at blocking ALL messages.
I forgot my password, Canon sent it to me twice and then said "We do not recognise you" I also have a Camera but I am thinking I have invested in the wrong company!!!!
Hope someone can help
Regards,
Sam Gee

shellship 17:29 30 Oct 08

Try using new Canon cartridges. I stopped using compatibles for my HP because, on occasion, I had similar problems caused by the cartridge apparently running out of ink early.

ened 17:54 30 Oct 08

I agree with shellship.

I have recently been unimpressed with certain aspects of the colours produced by my ip600D.

I have put it down to compatibles and am going to revert back to Canon originals.

I always used to get brilliant quality and it is the only thing that has changed.

Sam Gee 20:41 30 Oct 08

Hi,Thank you both for you advice.I have been thinking on the same lines but hoped for another fix! Consider it done,I will purchase them Friday.Regards and thanks,
Sam

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac