Canon Pixma iP4850

brambles 18:50 PM 03 Mar 12

My daughter is having problems printing from the above printer. She has sent me two samples today and they are virtually 2 sheets of plain paper. I am satisfied she has proper Canon inkjet refills - I bought them for her - and she has installed a complete new set. The faint small parts of printing apppear to be in Magenta colour only.

What else can we look for to identify the problem or does it probably need a new printhead.

Any ideas anyone?

Brambles

john bunyan 21:04 PM 03 Mar 12

Have you run a cleaning function? In maintenance menu

john bunyan 21:10 PM 03 Mar 12

How long is it left between print tasks? I have a different Pixma - has a separate print head; at worst you can remove it an run/ soak in warm water to clean it, but the in built head cleaning should suffice. See manual.

john bunyan 12:51 PM 04 Mar 12

I have had a look at my system(W7). In that I suggest: Start/Control Panel/Devices and Printers/Canon iP4850/Printer Management - Operate Your Printer/Display Printer Properties. Click on Maintenance tab. Select deep cleaning. JB

brambles 13:21 PM 04 Mar 12

Thank you all for your kind & prompt response. I shall carry out the various cleaning functions hyou have recommended. The only problem I have is that she has an Apple computer so the software might be slightly different.

Brambles

john bunyan 14:24 PM 04 Mar 12

OK Hope it works - do let us know!

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia Z5 review: Hands-on with the phone which the Z3+ should have been

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Get your photos turned into illos by some of the world’s best artists

What to expect at the September Apple event: Apple announces 9 September event, sends out invites