Canon Pixma iP4500 Printer

Sibbo 10:48 19 Sep 08

I've just received a replacement order from Amazon for the above printer. The first one was received with tape on it which read, "officially resealed by Canon", which made me think that I had been sent a 2nd hand printer. Anyway, I proceeded with trying to install the printer, only for this to fail because the inner tray did not shut, so the print head alignment program could not be run.

I've just undone the second delivery, and once again, there is tape on it that states it has been re-sealed! Is this standard practice for Canon? Also, has anyone else had problems with the inner door on this printer? If so, how did you get the door to shut?

I don't know if I should proceed to undo the second box.

chub_tor 14:41 19 Sep 08

My mp610 from ebuyer came with this tape. It disturbed me too but I have had absolutely no problems with it. There was nothing missing, nothing looked used and nothing to indicate that it was used in any way.

Sibbo 15:50 19 Sep 08

Thanks for the input chub_tor.

I've just undone and set-up the printer with absolutely no problems during installation. Just hope things stay that way when I come to doing my first print.

Must say that after setting this one up, there was obviously something drastically wrong with the first one that Amazon sent. This one has a lever and inner tray that snaps shut, unlike the first one.

timdp 15:42 13 Nov 08

I called Canon about this as my MP610 from Office Etc (Amazon seller) arrived the same. They said it is new, just came from another country so was checked by Canon UK for parts etc and then sent out.

woodchip 15:56 13 Nov 08

If you read what it says on the Amazon site you will see that it offers new and used items

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now