Canon Pixma iP4300 ink-holder problem

sheila.weston 20:46 25 Nov 09

Following on from a previous problem about a paper-jam in this printer, is there any way in which I can manually remove the cyan ink cartridge? The ink-holder has not slid far enough into the middle of the printer to allow me to remove it.

I have just the one cartridge as a compatible cartridge. All the other inks are Canon ones. Someone on the internet suggested that the cyan ink might be a cause of the problem.

I am almost certain that there are now no scraps of paper to cause the paper-jam.

Many thanks, as always.

grey george 21:32 25 Nov 09

If the carriage has not moved to the correct position to remove the cartridge then it maybe that there is something blocking it. Remove the power and have a good look at the drive belt and cogs. Don't force any thing but you may find with the power disconnected the carriage may be movable.

sheila.weston 16:04 26 Nov 09

Many thanks, George. I removed the power plug and was able to pull the ribbon so that the holder slid ino the middle and I could change the cartridge. Unfortunately I still have the paper-jam message, so it looks like a new printer. See click here.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…