Canon Pixma ip3000 unable to print on CD/DVDs

getaway 12:22 16 Apr 06

Can anyone advise why I cannot print on Titanium full face dvd-r. Have downloaded latest drivers but when I press print it pushes out tray and message comes up saying no disc in tray
thanks in advance
J.

The Spires 12:27 16 Apr 06

On my Canon you need to press print & wait until the printer tells you to push the Cd tray in, if you push the tray in before the printer tells you too it will push the tray back out.

getaway 12:48 16 Apr 06

have already followed that instruction but problem still remains- unable to print
thanks for trying

pj123 13:02 16 Apr 06

Don't know about the Canon but on my Epson R200 I have to set the printer to "Manual Feed" rather than "Sheet Feed" otherwise it justs ejects the CD/DVD.

Is that an option on the Canon?

€dstowe 13:15 16 Apr 06

It may be that the photo-detector for the disk is misreading the information it is getting about the disk in the tray

Are the disks white or silver finish? If the latter it may not be reflecting enough light back.

Just a thought.

flyingbrit 14:59 16 Apr 06

If the printer worked with the drivers supplied with the printer why not uninstall the new ones and reinstall the old ones....if it's not broke, don't fix it.

getaway 20:35 02 May 06

Thanks, everyone, for your advice but unfortunately still not working.

Did Flying Brits idea refer to white faced rewritable not reflecting enough light back, which, in fact, is what they are?

getaway

brambles 16:29 03 May 06

Looking at the spec for this printer it does not appear to claim printing DVD's - the spec says
'CD-R printing not DVD-R'

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from WannaCry?

What I learned from my mentor, Oscar-winning VFX supervisor Phil Tippett

Siri vs Google Assistant