Canon Pixma iP3000 - new cartridges - poor colour

eddiejackr 15:33 29 Nov 06

I have been getting great photos from this printer without doing any fancy colour adjustments - they were printing pretty true to what I was seeing on the screen.
I neede new cartridges so I bought cheaper compatibles from PC World. I did ask in the shop and was told that the inks were the same.

First photos I have tried to print are coming out with a very green tinge. I can take ages and waste lots of paper adjusting this in the advanced printer settings - BUT - I don't want to. Why does it happen? Are the basic ink colours different and if so how can they sell them as compatible? Is there an easier solution than complicated colour adjustments?

Technotiger 15:41 29 Nov 06

Hi, it is possible that the Canon printers just don't 'like' compatibles, I believe some printers don't. I have only ever used Epson printers, but I always buys compatibles when I need them and I have no problems with colours.
It might be that you would get better prints with original Canon cartridges.

Sorry I can't be more helpfull.

keef66 15:52 29 Nov 06

I use compatibles with a Pixma iP3000 (Choice Stationery). The colours are pretty close to canon originals, but they do seem to bung up the printhead more readily if left unused for a while. If one colour becomes blocked, the resulting prints look quite bizarre. maybe you have a blocked printhead? Try a cleaning cartridge.

anchor 10:34 30 Nov 06

On my Epson printers I can check if all colours are printing OK; called a nozzle check, and a small test pattern is printed. If there is a problem, then I run nozzle clean. This is all done from the Epson software.

I am not familiar with the Canon, but your description sounds as if a nozzle is blocked. Do you have a similar facility?.

Jackcoms 10:38 30 Nov 06

If your printer has 4 heads and it's not used regularly, printing this every other day or so helps to keep the heads 'unbunged' click here

oldbeefer2 11:31 30 Nov 06

bump

eddiejackr 14:38 01 Dec 06

nozzle clean did it! I just hadn't tried this because they were new cartridges - I jumped to conclusion it was because they were not branded for the printer. Thanks for your help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac