Canon PIXMA iP1000 Printer Problem

bevf 20:38 27 Jul 07

I have had my Canon PIXMA iP1000 printer for a few years with no problems, but now when I attempt to print a 'waste ink absorber' error is displayed.

Has anyone had this problem. We managed have managed to get to the sponges by taking the printer apart, but the error won't go away.

Ikelos 21:20 27 Jul 07

is this what you want ?

(1) Turn off the printer.

(2) Press and hold the RESUME button, then press and hold the POWER button.

(3) Release the RESUME button, Next press and release the RESUME button two(2) more times in succession. Note: you are still holding the POWER button). The printer's carriage will “reset" or move momentarily.

If the above was properly performed the printer will enter the "Service Mode".

(4) Press the RESUME button 4 times, this will select the clear waste ink counter function. The lamp will alternate (change) color with each key press. Next press the POWER button to "set" the change, and return to the top of the function selection menu. Press the POWER button again to restart the printer.

bevf 17:20 28 Jul 07

That looks like it might work, I'll give it a go and let you know.

Thanks

bevf 17:52 28 Jul 07

We turned off the printer, held down the RESUME button and then the POWER button.

Then released the RESUME button and pressed it 2 more times, but nothing happened, no Service Mode was displayed?

Is there anything else we can try?

brundle 17:54 28 Jul 07

Disconnect the printer cable first, apparently

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…