Canon pixma i8500 printer.

denboe 13:12 11 May 09

I am working in Photoshop and wish, when printing-out to my Canon Pixma i8500printer, for 'Photoshop Manages Colours'. A sub-menu prompt tells me to disable the printer's colour management in the dialog box. How do I do this.

johndrew 15:43 11 May 09

Does this help click here if not you may get some help from Canon Support click here

john bunyan 16:03 11 May 09

After you select "Photoshop Manages colours", if you then press "Page set" up,there is an option to set manual on Colour adjustment. I think that is it. I use CS4 and have always left my Canon MP760 in Printer manages colour mode, which works for me. I would be interested in your conclusions. Looking at johndrew's link, my suggestion looks too simple!!

denboe 17:42 11 May 09

johndrew.
Thanks for your response.
I have followed your link, then followed the advice given. I came to a full-stop when I couldn't find 'None' in the 'Manual' setting. I can see the colour bands, 'Print type' and 'Brightness'.

tonyq 18:15 11 May 09

benboe
this may be of some help.

click here

denboe 17:10 12 May 09

This is the advice from Canon:
When the print preferences dialogue (the canon print driver window) opens after you select print from photoshop. You can turn off the colour management which is built into windows by selecting manual for the colour/intensity options and un-checking the tick box which says ICM beside it.
Thank you all for your help, I've learned a lot.
john bunyan, the census of opinion,from the experts is, to let Photoshop manage the colour and disable the printer colour management to prevent it clashing
with Photoshop. Hope this info helps. Try both ways and see which produces the best results.
Thanks again, off to try the new way.

john bunyan 17:18 12 May 09

Thanks, I will try a couple of photos printed in both settings. Incidentally I use Staples Photo Plus pearl paper, quite a good paper ,a bit cheaper than Canon's own, but I do use their inks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…