Canon N650U Scanner. Problem

phil 22:30 16 Sep 09

My Canon N650 scanner has suddenly sprung up a problem.

I scanned an image a few days ago without any problem. Now this evening I tried to scan a different image but the preview pane keeps showing the image from a few days ago.

That image was removed from the scanner after scanning so all that remains is the temporary files in My Docs. I even tried scanning the old preview thinking it would actually scan the new one but it just scanned something that wasn't even on the scanners platen.

I have moved all trace of the first image from the computer by deleting the old images, run C Cleaner to remove old files, un-installed the scanner, re-booted and re-installed but still the old image remains.

I just cannot get rid of it. I'm beginning to think about attacking the registry with a flame thrower to get rid of all reference to the scanner. Not easy when I also own Canon cameras that have their own registry entries.

Any ideas what else I could do before taking that approach?

Ashrich 00:00 17 Sep 09

Have you actually done a preview scan ? I find that usually refreshes the picture show in the preview pane .

Ashley

jack 08:24 17 Sep 09

Do a clean up
The re install the software- there is plainly a cache somewhere the you have missed.

I have a similar problem- that if I go to a set of ertain images - that I took more than 5 years ago
and are stored on an external drive- the whole batch comes up with same thumbnail- yet when opened each image is there as it should be - never been able to change it.

chub_tor 08:39 17 Sep 09

Is the scan itself actually working, by that I mean if you ignore the preview picture and scan whatever is on the platen, does the newly scanned picture show up in your photo programme?

JoeC 10:50 17 Sep 09

I have a Canon scanner and to clear the previous scan I have to hold down the Ctrl key then press clear whilst in the preview pane.
Might work for you.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…