//some 3rd party need geo

Canon N124OU Scanner Insufficient Memory Problem

MjM Hellfire 20:49 23 Oct 03

XP PRO
1024 PC2700
2400XP

When scanning, just after the document has been fully scanned the error message appears that it has insufficient memory.

I have the above mention scanner, USB, that was plugged into the USB socket next to my gamepad, then I canged it to the USB2 expansion card, that has 2 other peripherals connected into it.

The scanner is USB1 and the USB sockets I have are all USB 2, although I know they are backwards compatible.

Cheers for any help.

Jester2K II 09:23 24 Oct 03

Are you scanning a huge image at the highest settings ??

JIM 09:59 24 Oct 03

the error message that appears can also poss be a red herring (insufficient memory) to some other driver problem if your system in the main is running ok.

A printer driver for EG. could cause the error but suggest you may have to go into msconfig and the "Services" tab to tick out items to find out.
Can be a long tedious process to find poss problem by elimination of programs/services.Pen/paper at the ready.

Have a look in the the computer management lists first,(via start,right click on my computer/Manage then event viewer/applacations list), as it may give you some indication of error record)

MjM Hellfire 14:07 24 Oct 03

JIM - My printer is connected to my server, so no driver clash with that one.

JESTER -I was only scanning the image at 150dpi for quickness, even at lesser dpi's I still get the error.

However my kids were doing some phto editing last week, they are young and still learning, so they might have did something unknowingly.

I did a scanner test and it said that is was ok...seems very strange.

All my peripherals consist of -

Lexmark Z65
2 x Microsoft Sidewinder Pro Gamepads
Saitek Cordless Gamepad
Logitech Cordless Keyboard & Mouse
Canon Scanner N124OU

6 x USB 2 sockes are all connected to the above, 4 onboard and a 4 port USB2 expansion card.

Do you think I should maybe try seating the USB card in a different pci slot and re-installing the scanner from scratch. The scanner was working fine untill about a week ago.

Cheers lads for the response.

JIM 14:52 24 Oct 03

Going by what you have said,in your reply post, i would agree that your first step would be to re-install the scanner from scratch.

Changing or re-seating the USB card in a different pci slot will be no problem but if you had success before with the scanner in situ,before you may be all right with software install.

(my kids were doing some phto editing)No the feeling,lol.Still have a good look on the drive via find files incase there is a mega MB file in your system :)

Jester2K II 14:59 24 Oct 03

But has solved similar before....

Has the PC been restarted recently? Not been left on for days has it??

MjM Hellfire 10:44 25 Oct 03

Yeah...I have restarted it, that was the first thing I tried.

MjM Hellfire 11:33 31 Oct 03

~bump~

MjM Hellfire 10:34 03 Nov 03

~bump~

choffe 10:55 03 Nov 03

photo's hog the ram, you will have to clear the ram and hdd with a defrag or a good ram optimiser.
you will find one in the download sector of the pcadviser. tweak-xp pro is neat for ram tune up's and system speed enhancement.
also may be worth checking your virtual memory settings.
if your system is still sluggish after this, the chances are that your n-ram is holding junk
so boot to the bios screen and you are looking for clear n-ram.IF you don't have a setting for this, dissable fast boot as this'll do the same thing.don't mess with any others at this time, once you found it( you may have to spend some time looking) select save and exit. on re-boot you will get a message stating that it is clearing n-ram and then will continue to boot

MjM Hellfire 12:52 03 Nov 03

I have 1024 PC2700 DDR Ram and an AMD 2400xp, plus 80gigs of HD, which I forgot to mention. The pc is still fast, just when I use the scanner do I get the memory problem.

Cheers...I will try the above.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…