canon mp610 not printing?

Sandyums 13:24 14 Sep 10

Running Vista, using a Canon MP610 printer scanner, it has stopped printing?
Tried the obvious, unplugged and reset, downloaded new drivers, reloaded software, still nothing.
When i try to print the paper moves as though its about to work then the paper goes back up, comes down, goes back up, then just ejects a blank page. Very confusing.
Tried Canon website, not very helpful.

Many Thanks inadvance Sandy

james105051 15:18 14 Sep 10

Have you tried the "Diagnose & Repair" option in the Canon My Printer screen, or failing that have you double checked in settings to ensure the correct paper source is selected (rear tray or cassette) is the paper you are using too heavy, does it print from the cassette?

Sandyums 15:24 14 Sep 10

Yes have done all of the above, using the same paper and settings as I have always done.

james105051 15:32 14 Sep 10

In that case it's probably kaput. I would think not worth repairing (shame as I have the same printer, nice piece of kit), looks like a visit to local PC store or a scour round the net for a new one.

Sandyums 15:36 14 Sep 10

Very nice bit of kit.I hope and pray its not kaput, only had it 2 years not really used that much?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the 2017 Oscar-winning VFX of The Jungle Book were created

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…