Canon MP510 Installation Problem

si67 15:39 06 Jun 07

Hi

I had a Lexmark printer which I hated and uninstalled it. I left the printer cable connected to my PC - connected to a USB2 port at the rear.

I installed the Canon and plugged in the printer cable when instructed by the software.

At this point the Found New Hardware Wizard started and I allowed it to automatically find the Canon software. As soon as the wizard started to create a System Restore Point my PC crashes and I see the BSOD.

I repeated this a number of times with the same outcome.

Eventually I connected it to a front USB which is only USB1. Canon installed ok, but the print signal from PC to printer takes a while. Plus it also shows as a Mass Storage Device in My Computer.

I then uninstalled the Canon, removing all the software, then plugged it back into the rear USB2 port, simply switched it on, and the PC crashed again.

I'm now stuck with it on USB1.

Anyone suggest how to get it to install properly.

Apologies for length of post

Si67

Pamy 15:59 06 Jun 07

Do you have another rear USB2 socket you can try it in? Not sure why wizard wanted to make a restore point

si67 16:07 06 Jun 07

No the USB on the rear was part of a Firewire/USB2 card I installed - it only had one of each on it.

The USB2 worked fine with the previous printer.

Pamy 16:22 06 Jun 07

Can only suggest that you try the previous printer again just to check that nothing has gone wrong with the socket

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Microsoft Surface Studio hands-on review: the iMac killer is here

Best Mac antivirus 2017