Canon MG6150 printer

toby88golf 17:24 PM 29 Nov 11

My Canon MG6150 printer will only allow me to print two copies at a time, any more and the printer stop half way through printing. Roger

northumbria61 20:26 PM 29 Nov 11

You may need to change PERMISSIONS to allow you FULL Control Try this -

Right-click on the C:\windows\temp folder. Choose "properties," then "security."

You will see a listing that may include, CREATOR OWNER, SYSTEM, Administrators, Users, and Trusted Installer.

Click once on "Users (ie:your pc information\Users)"

In the permissions window below, the Users entry should have all of the same check-marks as the Administrators entry. To add check-marks, Click the "Users" entry once to hi-light it, and click "Edit." Add the needed check-marks. (Example - tick all the boxes - Full control, Modify, Read, Write etc.) then click Apply - OK

SURVEY 20:55 PM 29 Nov 11

I don't mean to hijack your thread but I was thinking of buying one of these printers but have been put off by several people saying that the cost of printing is at least double that of an HP. Any comment or advice?

toby88golf 20:59 PM 29 Nov 11

northumbria61. Thank you for advice, but unfortunately I still have the same problem. toby88golg

toby88golf 21:02 PM 29 Nov 11

SURVEY. The printer has been brilliant and I recommend it, I'm using compatible ink so the cost is'nt to bad. toby88golf

northumbria61 22:06 PM 29 Nov 11

Try updating the driver via Device Manager - your printer should be listed under USB Controllers - right click - update driver software OR alternatively disable then re-enable.

toby88golf 22:19 PM 29 Nov 11

nothumbria61. I am using printer via wifi, could this be the problem? toby88golf

northumbria61 22:28 PM 29 Nov 11

I wouldn't have thought so - try going to SERVICES - Print Spooler - Stop the Service then Start the Service again. If this doesn't resolve I am wondering if you may be experiencing problems from a print manager list being frozen.

In Windows Vista, you can correct this problem by shutting down the print spooler service. Then search for the directory C:\WINDOWS\System32\spool\PRINTERS and delete all of the files in the folder to clear the print queue. Then restart the print spooler service and the problem should be resolved.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Sony Xperia Z5 launch live: Sony Xperia Z5 live video stream from IFA 2015 - watch…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Nvidia GRID 2.0 launch boosts virtualised graphics workflows

Apple's special event invitations decoded: A look back at 13 of Apple's most cryptic invites