Canon MG5250 printer networking problem

Trenny 20:37 PM 20 Jul 12
Answered

I am going crackers with trying to get my new MG5250 printing wirelessly. It works fine via usb. I have followed the booklet directions for going wirelessly and been told that it is 'connected' to the netwok OK', but when I press ctl + P in m/s word I get the error message: "The printer is offline etc etc."

There are ports that cannot be used with their current settings. Check that printerpower is on and cable is connected. if the problem persists cick 'Diagnose and Repair'. If i do that i am told that everything is OK. (That is probably because I have to connect via usb to run the Diagnose and Repair!)

Has anyone any ideas? I feel that it is something very simple that I am missing.

Trenny 19:09 PM 29 Aug 12
Answer

I eventually had to call in a technician. The problem was solved by reinstalling and renaming the wireless 'icon' to Canon Printer wireless and another to Canon Printer usb. I had previously only set up the usb version, apparently.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get free stuff for Android: Amazon Underground offers genuinely free Android apps and free…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Swedish schoolkids use Minecraft to redesign Stockholm city centre

Apple's special event invitations decoded: A look back at 13 of Apple's most cryptic invites