Canon Lide 30 and the USB connection.

Daibus 09:15 03 Oct 03

I have just installed a Canon Lide 30 scanner, which uses only a USB connection, which means that when the computer boots, the scanner is automatically enabled.

Is there a way of disabling this automatic connection, but being able to enable the scanner manually, when required ?

With thanks.

JIM 09:32 03 Oct 03

as there is no power switch on the scanner disconnect the USB cable from the pc or scanner
until you want to use it.This will let you connect other usb hardware if required.

Jester2K II 09:37 03 Oct 03

I have a simalar Canon Scanner and keep it in a drawer until it need it.

As JIM says theres no power switch or lead so the only way to stop it is to pull the USB cable.

expertec 09:47 03 Oct 03

Why would you want to disable it?

Djohn 13:57 03 Oct 03

I have the LiDE 50 and it's the same. If you reboot the PC, then the scanner does a quick calibration as it comes back on-line. This does not cause any problems to the PC or scanner. But if you wish to, just unplug at rear of scanner and only connect when you want to use it. Being a USB device, there is no need to power down to do this. j.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…