Canon IP5300 or HP 7160 Printer?

Maiden. 14:53 21 Sep 07

I need to get a new printer, for photo printing mainly and I need to get the best quality prints available (lots of photo's going on walls, artwork etc).

My budget is around £80, so I've narrowed it down to the Canon IP5300 and the HP D7160 which I understand are the best 2 in this price bracket.

Can anyone recommend one over the other from personal experience - website reviews seem split on which is best.

Also, if there are any others better than these 2 I'd love to hear about them.

Thanks

Technotiger 15:08 21 Sep 07

I have not used either Canon or HP, however, personally I would go for the Canon, mainly because it has the ability to print directly onto CD/DVD discs.

Pine Man 15:49 21 Sep 07

I have used HP, Epson and now a Canon IP and as far as I am concerned there is no contest. It is easily the Canon and their support is excellent.

I stand to be corrected but they were one of the first to have all the drivers and applications ready for Vista and they all worked perfectly.

Technotiger 16:11 21 Sep 07

And I agree with Pine Man's comment about Canon support, just A1.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…