Canon iP4300 printer doesn't print Cyan

bon bon 16:58 PM 13 Nov 11

I've had this printer for around 4-5 years and it's always been very reliable. However, I've just changed a couple of ink cartridges (including the Cyan one) and after a few decent prints the Cyan refused to work. I've tried the cleaning and deep cleaning facility on the Maintenance tab and although a small amount of ink came through this was only for a short while. I've replaced the Cyan cartridge again but obtained exactly the same results. Having consulted the on-line manual I've left the printer for 24hrs,, tried again but again the Cyan cartridge didn't work (the cartridge light is lit by the way) NB- I'm using Realjet replacment ink cartridges which have worked perfectly with this printer for several years.

Forum Editor 08:51 AM 14 Nov 11

This is almost certainly an ink-related problem, even though you have used third-party inks for a while.

It may be worth inserting a genuine Canon cartridge to see if it resolves the problem. Canon inks are reputed to be alcohol-based, whereas compatible inks are water-based. The alcohol acts as a head cleaner and coolant; if the ink jets overheat the print head can be wrecked.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Sony Xperia Z5 launch live: Sony Xperia Z5 live video stream from IFA 2015 - watch…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Nvidia GRID 2.0 launch boosts virtualised graphics workflows

Apple's special event invitations decoded: A look back at 13 of Apple's most cryptic invites