Canon IP4300- compatible inks

harry12 17:57 05 Feb 08

I'm trying to install compatible inks in the above printer. After installing inks the error message comes up on screen as per instruction, but pressing the apropriate button does nothing.
I've checked cartridge chips, all ok, any advice welcome.
ps inks are from Choice Stationery.

Taff™ 06:45 06 Feb 08

What message are you getting?

harry12 08:49 06 Feb 08

Here is message click here][IMG]http

harry12 09:33 06 Feb 08

To add my last post, after transfering chips from original cartridges the above message comes up,at this point the instruction from Choice is to push and hold button for at least 5 seconds, after this printer should function but without ink level warnings. Not happening.

awest3 09:56 06 Feb 08

sorry to say we had the same problem...followed the instructions to the letter..still no joy...went back to Canon inks...hey presto no problems...I'm quite mad about this as they should work..seems Canon ave got the microsoft complex.
Al

harry12 14:13 06 Feb 08

I did not fancy paying canon prices so I removed compatible cartridges, removed and refitted chips, installed them again and printer works. As far as I can see I did nothing different, but as I've learned working on cars, often striping and reassembly of parts works. Happy day.

roy 14:19 06 Feb 08

It might not have been the case with you but the first time I put a compatible ink in my Canon IP4200 I got the chip upside down (despite great care!) and, of course, it didn't work.
I think I got the same error message that you got.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5