Canon ip3500 print quality

joaoramos 08:44 18 Mar 09

I just bought a canon ip3500 printer. I've installed it with no problems (running XP SP3), did the test print and all ok.

I tried to print a photo and the quality was really low. It was in colour, but not fine at all. I changed the paper settings (tried both glossy photo paper and matte paper), the quality to high, and still the quality was really low. Also it printed very quickly, as if in draft mode. It would print within about 20 second a 4x6 photo. (My old Epson R220 would have taken 2min!). Is there an option I've completely missed?

Any suggestions would be very welcomed.

RFB 12:54 18 Mar 09

Try downloading drivers for it click here

oldbeefer2 14:15 18 Mar 09

It might just be taking a while for the ink to get through properly - try doing a deep clean to encourage it to feed as it should; all you have to lose is a drop of ink!

joaoramos 12:14 19 Mar 09

Thanks for that. I've tried both and no improvement. The colours are just not natural and some of them are over bright (like the blue is too strong compared to a very dull green).

Am I safe to take out the printer head (with the cartridges in)? Could it be fitted incorrectly? I followed the instructions but I am at a loss.

I'm at work, so I'm looking for some more ideas for when I get in.

Thanks for the help so far!

RFB 12:54 19 Mar 09

Try printing a colour test click here
to see if the cartridges are printing true colours.

joaoramos 07:48 20 Mar 09

Thanks RFB. I tried that and the colours looked fine! I went back to pictures and again I got a hazy film of green, with neon like blue and reds! I've changed the colour to manual, removed all colour corrections, increased contrast and I'm now with something which looks like a natural picture, albeit blacks and grays still have a greenish tint to it.

I'm surprised it's taken so much manual tweaking to get to this and not "straight out of the box", especially considering it's Canon, which makes me think that there is something not right. I've updated the drivers before.I'm wondering now if it's more software issue than a hardware (or maybe a hardware issue being compensating by a lot of manual tweaking)

RFB 12:39 20 Mar 09

Hi joaoramos,
Have you tried printing using a different progam like Word or Paint?
Might be the software as you suggested.

keef66 12:52 20 Mar 09

what colour profile is it using??

woodchip 13:22 20 Mar 09

Go to Printer Folder, Start\Settings\Printers Right Click Printer\Properties Change the Print Settings in there from Draft

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5