Canon Ip3000 thinks door is shut when it is open

freddie911boot 19:47 03 Apr 08

I have solved most of the problems with my canon pixma ip3000 including taking it apart and washing the waste ink tanks. I have also reset it and put it back together but now there is one problem left. When I try to print a document it thinks the front printer door is closed when infact it is open. Any ideas or solutions would be greatly apprecieted. I have opened it up twice to look for sensors but have found none.

Please Help!

freddie911boot 20:14 03 Apr 08

Exact error message:

"Document printing cannot be executed because the paper output tray is closed.
Open the paper output tray. Printing will restart."

keef66 10:35 04 Apr 08

There must be a sensor somewhere that tells it the door's open (or closed). I'll have a look at ours when I get home tonight.

How did you go with this?...I have the ip4000 and have just cleaned the waste tanks only to get the same document tray message.

keef66 10:11 14 Apr 08

bugger! still haven't looked, and I'm travelling now till Thurs nite. Promise to have a look then

keef66 16:34 24 Apr 08

You've probably thrown the thing out of the window by now, but I finally had a squint at our iP3000 this morning. There's a little black micro-switch on the upper right edge of the offending door. Haven't tried looking for the wiring that must come from it, but you could try giving it a poke to see if it's stuck down and telling the thing it's shut when it isn't

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 7 simple tips to get more out of…