Canon Ip3000 thinks door is shut when it is open

freddie911boot 19:47 03 Apr 08

I have solved most of the problems with my canon pixma ip3000 including taking it apart and washing the waste ink tanks. I have also reset it and put it back together but now there is one problem left. When I try to print a document it thinks the front printer door is closed when infact it is open. Any ideas or solutions would be greatly apprecieted. I have opened it up twice to look for sensors but have found none.

Please Help!

freddie911boot 20:14 03 Apr 08

Exact error message:

"Document printing cannot be executed because the paper output tray is closed.
Open the paper output tray. Printing will restart."

keef66 10:35 04 Apr 08

There must be a sensor somewhere that tells it the door's open (or closed). I'll have a look at ours when I get home tonight.

How did you go with this?...I have the ip4000 and have just cleaned the waste tanks only to get the same document tray message.

keef66 10:11 14 Apr 08

bugger! still haven't looked, and I'm travelling now till Thurs nite. Promise to have a look then

keef66 16:34 24 Apr 08

You've probably thrown the thing out of the window by now, but I finally had a squint at our iP3000 this morning. There's a little black micro-switch on the upper right edge of the offending door. Haven't tried looking for the wiring that must come from it, but you could try giving it a poke to see if it's stuck down and telling the thing it's shut when it isn't

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac