CANON IP 4000 PACKED IN

andrew43 20:55 09 Mar 06

MY IP 4000 IS 13 MTHs OLD
I KNOW THIS TAKES SOME BELIEVING BUT ITS ONLY DONE ABOUT 30 PICTURES ALL IN, YESTERDAY IT STOPED AND GAVE ERROR CODE 6A00 WHICH CANON TELL ME IS A AP POSTION ERROR AND £50.00 TO FIX IT.
ANYONE GOT A CHEAP FIX OR IS IT THE DUSTBIN
THANKS
MARK

Jak_1 21:06 09 Mar 06

First, usinng caps is the computer equivalent of shouting. 13 months means it's out of guarantee and £50 is a lot to have it fixed. Prob better to get a new printer, I use Canon and not had a problem, present printer is 3 years old and still printing well. Always get one with seperate ink tanks, makes life easier and cheaper.

Michael_R 21:44 09 Mar 06

I found this on a french site with google. I translated it with the Alta Vista web site. If you have to replace the printer then you might consider this at your own risk.

Translation starts
Here the handling and the cause of this error:
Cause: I do not know for the others but I used compatible generic cartouches of PrintLab mark with an excellent result. My supplier having changed of mark, I found myself with of Dulin,, Catastrophe. They are the cause of the 6A00 error (in any case at home!!!!).

Remedy: To light the printer and to let it arrive at the posting of the error. Then, to open the lid, attrapper the print head (where the cartridges are placed) and to draw it towards the center. At the interior on the right, one can see two foam plugs which are used to protect the heads at the time of the state "rest" from the printer. I simply pushed back these plugs to the bottom until the click to see my printer refonctionner. I believe that some "compatible" cartridges are not it really and it is enough sometimes to large step thing to sabotage your matos.

Here's the French in case it helps.

Voici la manipulation et la cause de cette erreur:
Cause: Je sais pas pour les autres mais j'utilisais des cartouches génériques compatibles de marque PrintLab avec un résultat excellent. Mon fournisseur ayant changé de marque, je me suis retrouvé avec des Dulin,,, Catastrophe. Elles sont la cause de l'erreur 6A00 (en tout cas chez moi!!!!).

Remède: Allumer l'imprimante et la laisser arriver à l'affichage de l'erreur. Ensuite, ouvrir le couvercle, attrapper la tête d'impression (où sont logées les cartouches) et la tirer vers le centre. A l'intérieur à droite, on peut voir deux tampons de mousse qui servent à protéger les têtes lors de l'état "repos" de l'imprimante. J'ai simplement repoussé ces tampons vers le bas jusqu'au clic pour voir mon imprimante refonctionner. Je crois que certaines cartouches "compatibles" ne le sont pas vraiment et il suffit parfois de pas grand chose pour saboter votre matos.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5