Canon ip 3000 cd printing

flyingbrit 17:00 19 Dec 05

Hiya guys, I've got a slight problem printing with ip3000 onto cd's / dvd's, when I open the print to cd program and adjust size the initial size it gives for internal circle is 43mm which can be lowered by a max of 10mm. Now that makes the smallest I can print down to 33mm but there is some text above that initial size info that says it will print down to a min of 17mm, my question is, how do I change this initial size to, say, 27mm from 43mm so I can print nearer to the centre of the cd? I know it can be done but how defeats me......any help please?

pj123 17:43 19 Dec 05

Don't know what software you are using but I use Discus for all my CD/DVD label printing.

I can resize the internal circle down to 15mm.

Discus is not free but is the best CD/DVD labeling software I have ever used. They do a trial version but it prints "Demo" on all labels.

click here

flyingbrit 19:50 19 Dec 05

Cheers pj123....I'm using the prog that came wih the printer, I know it will go down to 17mm because my mate at work does it, but I can't see the difference in his settup to mine....thanks anyway. britsdad

flyingbrit 20:46 02 Apr 06

MIke 19:12 22 Jul 06

I hope you've solved your problem by now, but if not the way it's done is to go into file, select paper, new then set up a new template there using the circle sizes you require. I don't know why Canon didn't use a full face template as default. But it's easy enough to create your own.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface PC release date, price and specs: All-in-one Surface PC to directly rival iMac

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

Apple's event invitations decoded: A look back at 16 of Apple's most cryptic invites | Clues in…