Canon i965/i860 - paper thickness lever

minter 13:21 11 Dec 03

Have recently purchased a Canon i965 printer.

Previous canon models had a paper thickness lever situated on the top of the print head.

There isn't one one the printer I have, when I asked Canon to enlighten me they did not know.

Is the paper thickness automatic on the i965 and the i860, because all the previous models were manual.

Info would be appreciated - as time appears to be of the essence. See below.

Also, I was informed by the Canon rep that a new printer has a two week replacement guarantee, after that it is down to the ordinary warranty.

Djohn 13:50 11 Dec 03

I have the i850 and it's automatic on that as well, or at least appears to be as there is no manual lever. I have run different thickness of paper and card through the printer without any problems from 80 grm up to 280 grm. j.

woody147 14:19 11 Dec 03

The i850 has a paper thickness lever, it's blue and situated just above the ink cartridges :-)

minter 14:24 11 Dec 03

Oops, done it again!

The two printers should read i965 and i865, not i860 (I don't think there is one).

Djohn 17:35 11 Dec 03

Thanks for pointing that out. I have the printer set to turn on/off automatically whenever I click on any print command from any application on the PC.

Because of this I didn't see the leaver as it is hidden out of site when you lift the front lid. I've just turned it on manually now and found it. That will teach me to read the book fully and not just the bits I usually do. ;o)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…